Friday, October 4, 2013

carlsbad artsplash

THE CHALK SQUARE


as usual i didn't do the traditional . . . but i had lots of fun with the public. this years theme was the 'wheel deal' and we already covered the story about the silent auction . . . so my square was a series of my animals on wheels !!!

it was my birthday weekend.  we ended up coming down early friday because bo had to work.  i tried to work on my square once i found it . . . but was promptly bitten by ants.  ron juncal gave me some baking soda mixture for around the square and it helped for saturday !!

i came knowing i was going to create the front 2 characters . . . the unicycling umbrella bird pulling the unicorn toy. they can be found in the letter u illustration from the ALPHABET KINGDOM book.  and of course i had to add a pelican for the sponsor !!

i developed my characters relaxing at bo's work with an appetizer.  basically finished on saturday but added contrast and darker blacks the next day, sunday. oh and on my birthday (saturday) i was given flowers from the recycle garden at the event !!!












self promotion at the square !!


patrick's square . . . my neighbor last year and this year . . . 


last year these guys stepped up and did a square where the artist didn't show up .. . 
they did a take on 'x y z'  from  ALPHABET KINGDOM.
this year they stepped in and helped again . .  . 
love the yellow submarine !!! one year it was my daughters halloween costume.



No comments:

Post a Comment