Saturday, August 29, 2015

"oh .... so you do animals"

FIRST FEATURE ARTIST SHOW
ARTBEAT ON MAIN STREET VISTA, CA




the most common statement heard about my work besides the usual under-valuing of the artist work in general is the subject matter.  though representational of the animal kingdom they each go far beyond that.  i deal with animals from a world beyond my own... i feel both the world and the animal kingdom deserve our love, respect and care.  most of these animals have a personality ... perhaps a little personified by my own view of the world or wishes for ... but each work is a process a journey.  all start as a drawing and finish as a complete work of art ready to display.  but the actual finished product is always a little bit of a surprise.  much like with printmaking ... i begin with with a drawing add texture but then in the acid baths that is where the changes begin to occur.  there something new and unplanned may take me on one journey or it maybe that something is to clean, polished or just lacking may take me on another. then add in to mix my original observation and story with my subject and you now have a unique piece of mo.  oh and we can't forget the events of the day .... short on supplies, my mood, lighting and even someone else's encounter with my surface has changed/added to the story !!!! 

oh and did i mention this was my first feature artist show .... and then i went into hibernation ... so to speak.


No comments:

Post a Comment